IBM QuadPort PCI Express Gigabit Server Adapter
IBM 5717-82XX 74Y2116 46Y3512 4-Port 10/100/1000 Base-TX PCIe Adapter
Part Number(s): 5717-82XX, 74Y2116, 46Y3512
IBM PN: 46Y3512
4-Port 10/100/1000 Base-TX PCI Express Adapter (FC 5717; CCIN 5717)
Learn about features, requirements, and specifications for the feature code (FC) 5717 adapter.
The 4-Port 10/100/1000 Base-TX PCI Express Adapter is a PCI Express (PCIe), full duplex, four ported, Gigabit Ethernet adapter that can be configured to run either port at 1000, 100, or 10 Mbps data rate. This adapter interfaces to the system through a PCIe bus and connects to a network using a 4-pair CAT-5 Unshielded Twisted Pair (UTP) cable for distances of up to 100 meters. The adapter conforms to the IEEE 802.3ab 1000Base-T standard. The 5717 also supports jumbo frames when running at the 1000 Mbps speed.
For details about slot priorities and placement rules, see the PCI adapter placement topic collection for your system.
- FRU number
- *Designed to comply with RoHS requirement
- I/O bus architecture
- PCIe V1.0a compliant
- Bus width x4 lane PCIe, operable in x4, x8, x16 slots
- Bus speed (x4, encoded rate) 10 Gbps unidirectional; 20 Gbps bidirectional
- Maximum number
- For the maximum adapters supported, see the PCI adapter placement topic collection for your system.
- Adapter size
- PCIe short form
- Connector information
- Four RJ-45 ports
- Two LED adapter status indicators per port, for link activity and speed
- Customers supply their own cables. For best performance, use cables that meet Cat 5e cabling standards, or later.
Adapter LED states
The LEDs on the adapter provide information about the adapter's operation status. The LEDs are visible through the adapter's mounting bracket. 4-Port 10/100/1000 Base-TX PCIe Adapter shows the location of the LEDs. Table 1 describes the different LED states and what those states indicate.
The absence of a link can indicate a defective cable, defective connector, or a configuration mismatch.