CIENA CN3920 Service Delivery Switch
CIENA CN3920 Service Delivery Switch
Service Delivery Switch
Ciena’s 3920 Service Delivery Switch (SDS) is a next-generation Ethernet access system that cost-effectively delivers business and transport Ethernet services via fiber or copper connections.
- Offers compact (1RU) next-generation GbE service delivery for business and transport applications, including wireless backhaul
- Supports 8 GbE 10/100/1000 BaseTX subscriber UNI ports with RJ45 connectors, 4 GbE 100/1000BaseX NNI/UNI ports with Small Form-factor Pluggable (SFP) connectors, and fixed AC or DC power supplies
- Provides front access to all power, data, and management interfaces, and is suitable for deployment in cabinets and conditioned telecom huts
- Architected with a state-of-the-art hardware design and field-proven, modular service-aware OS for reliability and resiliency
- Provides advanced Ethernet switching, control, and VLAN features with comprehensive QoS and Ethernet OAM, for guaranteed Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Ensures future-proof investment protection, with all ports GbE-ready for easy upgrade from 100 Mb/s
- Supports diverse network topologies, including fiber rings, point-to-point fiber, dual-homed network uplinks, fiber or copper network uplinks, fiber or copper to subscriber
The 3920 features a high-capacity switching fabric with all-Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) ports in a compact single rack unit (1RU) ETSI form factor that provides front access to all data, management, and power interfaces.
This efficient packaging design enables the 3920 to be deployed in a wide variety of physical environments with service-delivery switch topologies supporting business customers, wireless backhaul providers, and MTU/MDU scenarios. The 3920 is based on Ciena’s field-proven True Carrier Ethernet® technology, deployed by dozens of network operators in tens of thousands of homes and businesses. It combines the low cost and high capacity of Ethernet with the reliability, management, and service quality usually associated with SONET/SDH networking systems. The 3920 software architecture is based on a common service-aware operating system used in all Ciena Service Delivery and Service Aggregation Switches to provide operational efficiency and consistent system and service attributes.
The core of the 3920 is a high-performance switching platform that incorporates the latest innovations in Ethernet switching technology, Ethernet control plane protocols, Ethernet encapsulation techniques and Carrier Ethernet Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) mechanisms. The result is a state-of-the-art design that enables the 3920 to deliver the sophisticated Quality of Service (QoS) capabilities, superior Virtual LAN (VLAN) and virtual switching functions, and robust management and performance monitoring features required to support carrier-grade Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks (L2 VPNs), mission-critical data, high-speed Internet, and high-quality IPTV and VoIP services.
The advanced design and service-rich architecture of the 3920 enable network operators to deploy reliable and scalable offerings that leverage the inherent high capacity and cost-effectiveness of Ethernet technology to generate maximum revenue. Ethernet business and transport services can be rolled out quickly and reliably, with scalable performance that ensures reduced Operating Expenses (OPEX) for low cost per subscriber in the short term, while delivering high system productivity and availability over the long term.
Ciena may make changes from time to time to the products or specifications contained herein without notice.